DESIGN TEAM CALL
It’s that time again! Scrapbook Island is having another Design Team Call--all the details are listed below. Deadline for submitting is Friday, February 8th. Our design team call is open to all Scrapbook Island customers, at least 18 years of age. Previous design team or published works are not required. Current design team members may reapply. Scrapbook Island employees are excluded from entering. Before submitting, be sure to read the important details on the "Design Team Application".
We look forward to seeing another round of amazing entries!
DESIGN TEAM CALL DETAILS:
Scrapbook Island is looking for:
- Six Design Team members with a passion for crafting!
- Various creative styles from clean and simple to mixed media--and everything in between.
- Design Team members who are willing to occasionally accept the challenge of creating a “masterpiece” using product that may not be their usual style.
- Individuals willing to commit to a six month term (March 1st through August 31st )
DESIGN TEAM MEMBER EXPECTATIONS:
- Create at least one project per month to display in the store to inspire customers.
- Design team member must come to the store (usually at the beginning of each month) to pick up their design team box. Projects are due back to the store no later than the last day of the month. Design team projects are later donated for auction at Scrapbook Island’s annual Breast Cancer Crop.
- Photograph your monthly projects and upload them to the group’s Facebook album.
- Participation in a Make-and-Take for the store’s Spring Open House on Sunday, March 17th.
- Participation in a Friday Make-and-Take once every eight weeks. Details on the make and takes will be discussed with final design team members.
DESIGN TEAM BENEFITS:
- A box of products each month to create your projects.
- A monthly Design Team Crop for you and your guest(s).
- A 20% discount off a store purchase each month.
- Opportunity to have your projects displayed in the store, on our Facebook page, and in our email newsletter.
- Scrapbook Island Design Team button for your blog
- Private FB group for design team members only
- Possible teaching opportunities.
We’re looking for your best creative work – anything goes! Please submit only one project. Your submission should exclude photographs. The project may be a mini book, 12 x 12 layouts (two page layouts only, please), a set of cards, a home décor project, or a mixed media project – whatever best represents your creative style! Design Team submissions will be accepted at Scrapbook Island now through close of business on Friday, February 8th. Sorry, we are not accepting design team submissions via email.
All design team entries must be an original design of the applicant (no entries made from purchased kits, please). You may use any products or materials you wish, but you are strongly encouraged to use product lines we carry in the store.
Our new Design Team members will be announced on Facebook and our blog no later than Friday, February 22nd. All design team submissions will be returned and available for your pickup from February 23rd through March 1st, or you can donate your submission for auction at our annual Breast Cancer Crop. Submit your entry along with a completed Design Team Application.
Be sure to read the important details on the application so that your entry is not disqualified.
We look forward to receiving your entries!